velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: Jakarta Velocity 1.3 Released
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 09:08:25 GMT
On 7/8/02 4:22 AM, "Mike Williams" <mdub@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Geir> Anyway, things with my professional work are now on an even keel,
> Geir> so I should be able to resume devoting more time to Vel, DVSL, Jexl
> Geir> and other things ...
>
> Geir, do you see Jelly+Jexl replacing Velocity down the track, or will they
> peacefully co-exist??

Peaceful coexistence!  The more the merrier.  They are two different
things....

Jelly is an XML processing engine - the power comes from the tag library
model that allows you to extend the functionality via simple tag libraries,
in a similar way you extend Velocity through tools.  Jelly is cool.

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.