velocity-user mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann <devli...@logemann.info>
Subject RE: Advantages of JSP over Velocity
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:35:27 GMT
Hi,

> From my experience and from what others have said on this list (which is
> of
> course
> slightly biased towards Velocity) is that Velocity has every JSP angle
> covered and
> it generally makes development easier for everyone.

<biased_on>
a good argument that webmacro is able to replace JSP totally is the
struts framework.
Struts relies heavily on taglibs as everybody knows, and as far as i know,
you can use velocity inside struts without functionality loss, cause the taglibs
have its brothers in the velocity tools which were created for struts environment.
</biased_off>

This is what i ve heard... i didnt go through it personally....

---
greetings from
Marc Logemann
Homebase @ www.logemann.info