velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wgl...@forio.com>
Subject RE: Advantages of JSP over Velocity
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:26:32 GMT
Hi,

We use Velocity extensively.

The big disadvantage (e.g. what we miss by not using JSP) is that some of
the major HTML editors (like Macromedia DreamWeaver) are compatible with JSP
but not Velocity.  Sure, there are some substitutes (see previous threads on
this topic), but they don't compare in ubiquity (and arguably) usability to
DreamWeaver.  This makes it a little harder for third party web designers to
create pages.

WILL

-----Original Message-----
From: plynchnlm@netscape.net [mailto:plynchnlm@netscape.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 2:06 PM
To: velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Advantages of JSP over Velocity

Are there any advantages of JSP over Velocity?  Is there anything JSP
can do that Velocity can't?  I have read much (on the Velocity web-site)
about the advantages of Velocity over JSP, but I keep thinking there
must be another side of the story.  The only thing in favor of JSP that
I have found is the custom tag libraries that are available, especially
with Struts.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can offer,
   --Paul

Paul Lynch
Aquilent, Inc.

http://shopnow.netscape.com/