velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Wojtek Rappak" <rat...@nildram.co.uk>
Subject Setting application-scope properties in velocity servlet
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:34:06 GMT
Am I missing something basic?

Why doesn't this bit of code work?  I've put it at the end of an overriding
initVelocity() method in my servlet code:

           Velocity.setProperty( "regforms",regforms );
           regforms = (RegForms) Velocity.getProperty( "regforms" );

regforms is an object tree - that shouldn't make a difference. It holds form
configuration data and I want to have access to it from everywhere.   In
other words, it's just a simple case of a bit of config data which I want to
hold in the runtime singleton.

Wojtek Rappak