velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Rodrigo Reyes" <rodr...@instaservi.com>
Subject Velocity init() problem...
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 17:32:12 GMT
Hi
    Sorry if this seems trivial for some of you, but I am stuck here and I
couldn't find any solution in the mail archive. I was trying to create a
HelloWorld using Velocity but couldn't. I always get this messages from the
stack...

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.setDefaultProperties(RuntimeInst
ance.java:295)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.initializeProperties(RuntimeInst
ance.java:423)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.init(RuntimeInstance.java:266)
        at
org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.init(VelocityEngine.java:122)
        at tp2txt.HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:24)
Exception in thread "main"

    This happens when I try to init() a new instance of VelocityEngine. I am
using velocity-dep-1.3.1-rc2.jar and jdk1.4.0. I am copying the velocity jar
into JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext. Am I missing something? Maybe some configuration
file? I don't think the JRE has anything to do with the problem since I have
JPublish installed in the same machine and Velocity seems to be working fine
there. Thanx

Rodrigo