velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Mark D. Anderson" <...@discerning.com>
Subject Re: summary table of velocity reflection?
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 21:21:27 GMT
(sorry for my duplicate post just now).

> > public constructors, with args:
> >  not available
> >  workaround: add a public static method to the class or a helper class
> >

> Yep - the idea is to provide all the objects necessary for the designer, not
> let them create them.
>
> If you are of the sort that would create them, there are tools you can use
> that let you specify the classname and get a new instance.
>
> See the vel tools subproject

Correct me if I'm missing something, but that currently means a fishing
expedition in cvs, right?
I can find nothing about vel tools except:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-velocity-tools/

Plus, my initial fishing didn't bring up anything that was a general solution
for constructors with args?

> If you can format this into a patch for the dev guide, that would be great.

Doesn't everyone know that real documentation is via mailing list search? :)

-mda