velocity-user mailing list archives

From Gabriel Sidler <sid...@teamup.com>
Subject Re: Render "tool"
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 10:21:55 GMT
Nick Temple wrote:

> One thing I did run into is no "standard" to create velocity tools.

> Would it be worthwhile to create a (minimal) VelocityTool interface that

> can be implemented / extended by various frameworks to use off-the shells

> tools? Or is there one available that I missed?

Nick,
as part of the jakarta-velocity-tools subproject we have created
interface ViewTool.java as a standard interface for view tools.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-velocity-tools/view/src/java/org/apache/velocity/tools/view/tools/

There has been quite some discussion on how simple or sophisticated
such a tool interface should be. I am actually curious if the
current approach suits the needs of most people.

Gabe

> Nick

> .

Gabriel Sidler
Software Engineer, Eivycom GmbH, Zurich, Switzerland