velocity-user mailing list archives

From Derek Stevenson <de...@retrocode.com>
Subject Velocimacros calling velocimacros?
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:28:02 GMT
Hi,

I have the following defined in my GlobalMacros.vm:

#macro (sectionIndex)
	#foreach ( $sectionlink in $sgslocation.SectionIndex )
	  link:
	  #mochalink ( $sectionlink $sectionlink.Title )
	  <BR/>
	#end
#end

#macro (mochaLink $mochalink $linktitle)
	<A HREF="$link.setPage("$mochalink.VelocityURI").addPathInfo("action",
"UpdateLocation").addQueryData("sectionpath",
"$mochalink.SectionPath").addQueryData("pageid",
"$mochalink.PageID")">$linktitle</A>
#end

However, when I call

#sectionIndex

from a screen I get the following output in my browser:

link: #mochalink ( Section [title='Intervention' index='1'
path='bingeeating.bequiz-feedback.be-conseq1.intervention'] Intervention )
link: #mochalink ( Section [title='No Intervention' index='2'
path='bingeeating.bequiz-feedback.be-conseq1.nointervention'] No
Intervention )

It looks like Velocity is calling #sectionIndex fine but won't call
#mochaLink in turn, rather it simply expands #sectionlink and
#sectionlink.Title.  Is this expected behavior?  Is there a flag somewhere
that allows me to call macros from other macros?  Or is this sort of
functionality not supported, e.g. implement all behavior in sectionIndex
rather than calling mochaLink in turn?

Thanks,
Derek