velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Frohn" <gfr...@reliacast.com>
Subject question about loops
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 21:00:12 GMT
I've been using velocity for a while now, and for the most part I love
it.  I'm wondering why are there no for/while loops for VTL?

The foreach loop can be a bit limiting...especially since VTL doesn't
seem to support break or continue.

I'd love for our web developers to be able to do simple things like
print out the first n elements in a List.  I understand that this can be
done using range operators and get methods, but having
while/for/break/continue seems to be much cleaner for many tasks.

Just wondering what your thoughts/reasons are for not including them.

Anyway, congrats and thanks for a great project.

Greg
gfrohn@reliacast.com