velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: Feature request
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:53:36 GMT
On 8/7/02 5:09 AM, "Werner Punz" <w.punz@labor-c.net> wrote:

> I already mailed this in this dev mailing list, but it went under there
> unnoticed.
> It seems that the user mailing list is read more. So I will repost it
> again.

Sorry.  Things busy.

> First I guess, I introduce myself. I am one of the persons, who tries to
> integrate Velocity into the OpenCMS project (in fact I started it).
> (http://www.opencms.org)
>
> So far it works fine except one problem. I have to access via Velocity a
> virtual file system, which is based on a relational database.I made my
> own resource loader for accessing the system. But the problem is there
> is no way within the standard Velocity API to pass down an extra
> parameter which can change dynamically upon loading the resource to the
> resource loader, unless you pass it directly to the loader.

[snip]

If I understand what you are asking for, you want to pass something app
specific to the resource loader you wrote?

There is something in vel 1.4 called an 'application attribute' that can be
set by name from the application level, and then custom components can
access that attribute.  This attribute can be an object that the app layer
and core layer communicate through, for example.

See o.a.v.app.Velocity/VelocityEngine

Also, to see how this is used, take a look at jakarta-velocity-tools/view,
the VelocityViewServiet uses the app attribute to communicate with the
WebappLoader

See if this does what you need.

Also, I assume it's ok to put opencms on our powered-by page?

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.