velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Grant Goodale" <gr...@inktomi.com>
Subject Powered by
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 16:56:56 GMT
	Hi there,

	Another app to add to your "powered by" list, though I doubt
you'll ever see it in the wild:  Inktomi's Traffic Controller is an
enterprise network management application used to monitor large groups
of streaming media and static caching appliances from a single console.
As one of the lead developers on the project, I chose Velocity for its
performance and ease of use.  Thanks to a well-disciplined team and the
great user groups for both Tomcat and Velocity, we were able to complete
the application in record time, with far fewer bugs than previous web
applications based on JSP.

	Sadly, Inktomi has almost completely exited the content
networking business, so I can't really point you to a web page for the
product.  Here's the press release:

	http://www.inktomi.com/company/news/press/2001/expands.html

	Thanks for a great tool - I'm now evangelizing Velocity to
anyone who'll listen. :)

	Regards,
	  Grant Goodale
	  grant@inktomi.com