velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: [Velocity Tools] - Struts
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 21:23:31 GMT
Michael said:
> I am attempting to use velocity tools 0.9 with struts 1.1-b2 and velocity
> 1.3.  Does anyone know how I could use a VM template for layout purposes,
> instead of doing #include for headers/footers/menus on each content page?
> For example, the login page may have a layout different from a product
> display page.  I'd like to define this separate from the content.

Search the mail archives for discussion on this matter of a layout/"super"
template.  This has been discussed before.  Also, at one point I posted a
VelocityLayoutServlet for this very purpose that was intended to be placed
in the contrib section.  I'm not sure though whether it ever made it in
there.

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com