velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Attila Szegedi" <szege...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: Velocity & JSF
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:22:18 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles N. Harvey III" <charlieh@alloy.com>
To: "Velocity Users List" <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: 2002. szeptember 3. 15:49
Subject: RE: Velocity & JSF

> Since Macromedia bought Allaire they now own JRun and have started to
> integrate
> all of their products.  So Cold Fusion now has tags that interact with
> servlets.
> And since Macromedia produces Flash, there are some tags that interact
with
> JRun and with Cold Fusion.  How these tags work is beyond me.  And having
> that
> same functionality outside of the Macromedia environment is probably a
> no-go.

If "same functionality" refers to generating Flash content (SWF files), then
there are several open-source solutions in Java for it, i.e. JGenerator at
http://www.flashgap.com/ It works either as a servlet (on-the-fly creation
and streaming of Flash content), or as an offline application. They claim to
actually be faster than the Macromedia Generator (the equivalent proprietary
product). Disclaimer: I'm in no way associated with them, so this is not a
self-promo [only offtopic] :-).

Attila.