velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Delamere" <h...@michael-delamere.de>
Subject Velocity config + special characters...
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:37:09 GMT
Hi,

could someone answer me the followig 2 questions:

1. In my tomcat log I have the line " Velocity   [info] Default Properties
File: org\apache\velocity\runtime\defaults\velocity.properties".  Does this
mean that my properties file is not being read and instead a default is
being used?

2. When displaying various currencies, there is no problem in displaying the
"$" and the "£" sign.  However I can´t get it to display the "€" (Euro)
sign.  It comes up with a question mark instead.  I´m using the NumberFormat
class to get the formatted value:

Locale locale = new Locale("de", "DE", "EURO");
formattedTotalPrice =
NumberFormat.getCurrencyInstance(locale).format(totalPrice);

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Michael