velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Werner Punz" <w.p...@labor-c.net>
Subject AW: template isn't found within a jsp
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 22:50:25 GMT

Hi have you checked your template path in the velocity config file? Btw.
I agree
Using Velocity in Combination with JSPs is a good approach.

- -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: c_koch@bluemail.ch [mailto:c_koch@bluemail.ch]
Gesendet: Freitag, 06. September 2002 00:40
An: Velocity Users List
Betreff: Re: template isn't found within a jsp

Hello Jeff,
I don't know the JSTL. May be I'm going to have a closer look at it. But
on first glance, the code samples I've seen look "messier" than the code
using velocity. With Velocity (as far as I know..) you *must* separate
the
view from the model and with the JSTL, you can easily mix them up again.
I would use this kind of approach, cause of the same reasons you would
use
servlets in combination with Velocity.
And.. I'm just curious too, why my example doesn't work that way..

>-- Original-Nachricht --
>Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 17:21:24 -0400
>From: "Jeff Duska" <Jeff.Duska@noaa.gov>
>To: Velocity Users List <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>Subject: Re: template isn't found within a jsp
>

>Guess I'm not too sharp, why would you want to do this?  If you are
>going to keep JSP wouldn't using JSTL 1.0's EL  be easier?
>
>Just curious
>

>--
>For additional commands, e-mail:

- --