velocity-user mailing list archives

From Anders Lindback <and...@igiro.se>
Subject Re: deploying with a war file
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2002 17:39:49 GMT
Cliff Dunn skrev:
> I am trying to deploy a web-app as a web-client.war file.  It contains =
> my alpha.vm template under the myapp directory (myapp\alpha.vm).  =
> However,  when I'm setting velocity.properties,  I don't know what value =
> to give the Velocity.FILE_RESOURCE_LOADER_PATH property. =20

The default directory are the myapp directory so you should find the
file by loading  "aplha.vm" template without setting any path at al.

However you have a potential security problem
since this means that anyone can access the .vm files.

So I encourage you to move all templates to WEB-INF/templates/
in your WAR file and and add that path as the file resource loader path.