velocity-user mailing list archives

From c_k...@bluemail.ch
Subject Re: template isn't found within a jsp
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 22:40:27 GMT
Hello Jeff,
I don't know the JSTL. May be I'm going to have a closer look at it. But
on first glance, the code samples I've seen look "messier" than the code
using velocity. With Velocity (as far as I know..) you *must* separate the
view from the model and with the JSTL, you can easily mix them up again.
I would use this kind of approach, cause of the same reasons you would use
servlets in combination with Velocity.
And.. I'm just curious too, why my example doesn't work that way..