velocity-user mailing list archives

From Carsten Burstedde...@burstedde.de>
Subject Re: Quick Question.
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 07:07:04 GMT
> For those of us who use Velocity to generate something other than HTML
> code, the suggestion to ignore leading whitespace before a directive
> breaks our templates.  I have velocity templates that have leading spaces
> before the directives, and I want those spaces to remain.

But even if you are doing plain text processing, indented velocity code
will produce lots of whitespace that you do not want.

What about allowing
#if bla
#  set goo
#end
and ignoring all whitespace on a line if and only if there is only
whitespace from the last velocity token till the end of line?

Carsten