velocity-user mailing list archives

From Gabriel Sidler <sid...@teamup.com>
Subject Re: velocity and struts message resources
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:35:21 GMT
I can confirm that the current version of the Velocity Struts tools
was designed for Struts 1.0.2. It has not been adapted yet to the
upcoming 1.1 version (currently beta). It is quite likely that some
changes are necesssary to support the new sub-apps feature of 1.1.
I plan to look into this in October, unless someone else is faster.

Gabe

Michael Delamere wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried getting an answer in the struts mailing list but until now, there
> has been no answer.  Could someone possibly help me on this mailing list?
>
> And yes, I´ve searched google, the struts-user archives and the
> velocity-user archives and read the user-guide :-).
>
> The poblem is as follows.
>
> I´m using stuts1.1b2 with multiple subapps and the velocity template engine.
> Now I have defined a resource file for each subapp and would like to output
> the fields in my velocity templates.  Unfortunately this isn´t happening and
> I´m getting the following messages:
>
> ############# Message resource has loaded?
> 4037 [main] INFO util.PropertyMessageResources  - Initializing,
> config='com.morelogs.ims.resources.shop.ShopResources', returnNull=true
>
> ############# Velocity error I think
> [ERROR] Message resources are not available.
>  Velocity   [warn] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
> reference : template = /shop/../WEB-INF/shop/templates/ShowProduct.vm [line
> 1,column 5] : $msg.get("label.showcart.pageheader") is not a valid
> reference.
>
> I had a look at the example from the velocity-struts-tools but that seems to
> be based on struts1.0.1 without multiple application support.  I assume that
> it may have something to do with that because I´m virtually doing it exactly
> as it was done there and it won´t work.
>
> Hase anyone had more experience with this which they are willing to share?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

> .

Gabriel Sidler
Software Engineer, Eivycom GmbH, Zurich, Switzerland