velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Hensley, Richard" <Richard.Hens...@McKesson.com>
Subject Velocity is a good tool
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 15:58:00 GMT
I just wanted to complement the Velocity Development team on a quality
tool. I was able to learn the basics of Velocity, and have my program
merging data with templates in about four hours. The development guide
and users were complete and well written. They provided enough
information that I was able to get the job done.

Well Done.

Background, if you are interested:

I had to create a tool that documents a Oracle schema. As input, I had
the Oracle schema text file, which I had to parse, meta model
information from our Object Relational Tool, and documentation about our
objects. The tool had to parse the schema, and relate the table and
column information to the object information and kick out the
documentation. Kind of a fun problem in the end. I used the following
tools:

Ant - I used this as the execution shell.
ANTLR - I used this to create the SQL parser
Velocity - I used this so that a designer could create the look and feel
of the final HTML document

Richard Hensley
Horizon Lab Development
McKesson Information Solutions