velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: How to add a table row dynamically ?
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:53:55 GMT
On 9/9/02 6:22 PM, "Kalyan Bhattacharya" <kbhattacharya@openlatitude.com>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a .vm file. This displays a table with 2 columns. I have to generate
> an additinal row in the same table each time a button on a page gets
> clicked. How to build this functionality using Velocity ? Any idea will be
> highly appreciated.

Velocity isn't going to be the answer for making new entries in your
database - that would be your servlet code that will do that.

You will probably want to set up a form on the page, and let the servlet
handle the resulting request when the button is clicked.  Then you add your
row, and then redisplay the page with the new dataset.

Is that along the lines of what you are looking for?

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.