velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: #parse in macros library
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:57:10 GMT
On 9/10/02 3:15 AM, "Byron Foster" <byron@base2.cc> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there is an explanation of why the #parse directive
> does not work in the global macros library file.  Macros defined in a
> file referenced by the #parse derective given in the macros main library
> file do not seem to be loaded.  The issue is that our macros library
> file has grown rather large, and we would like to break it into separate
> files.  Any Suggestions?

The reason is that macro resolution happens at template parse time (and  VM
library is nothing more than a template...), while #parse() is a runtime
thing.

The solution is to simply break it into separate files.  You should be able
to list a set of files, comma separated, for the global library.

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.