velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: 1 xml file to many
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:58:34 GMT
On 9/12/02 5:16 PM, "Charles N. Harvey III" <charlieh@alloy.com> wrote:

> I am now a firm +1 for DVSL.  I have gotten it to work with no actual
> java coding on my part.  Gotta like a tool where I don't actually have
> to write any code.  The only code I needed was posted to the list and
> Bill had given me the link - thanks for that by the way.
>
> I have a question though.  I am transforming from one xml file to other
> xml files so I do not want any of the text "un-xmled".  The current xml
> has:
> &lt;p&gt;&amp;nbspSome Text&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
>
> and it is being converted to:
>
> And I do NOT want it to do that.  I want the text to be left in its
> original format.  Is this possible?  Can I turn off the switch which is
> converting the text?

There's no DVSL switch.  The problem is that you are escaping the entities.

If you do something like :

 <foo><![CDATA[&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbspSome Text&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;]]></foo>

That should solve it.  I am assuming much here, but I think this is what you
want...

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.