velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Charles N. Harvey III" <charl...@alloy.com>
Subject RE: Velocity & JSF
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 13:49:37 GMT
Since Macromedia bought Allaire they now own JRun and have started to
integrate
all of their products.  So Cold Fusion now has tags that interact with
servlets.
And since Macromedia produces Flash, there are some tags that interact with
JRun and with Cold Fusion.  How these tags work is beyond me.  And having
that
same functionality outside of the Macromedia environment is probably a
no-go.
But if you really want to start using JRun....

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Duska [mailto:Jeff.Duska@noaa.gov]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 3:11 PM
To: Velocity Users List
Subject: Re: Velocity & JSF

>Next I may look into Flash MX, as that may be a cleaner way to solve the
><form> problems than in HTML. Has anyone used Velocity with Flash?

I'm looking into doing this at NCDC. It solves the whole browser issue
for me, since I have to support all the way back to Netscape 4.xx. My
problem is that FlashMX and ActionScript seem weak as a programming
enviorment. I'm not sure, I still have a lot to learn. It is really
shame that we can't do something like this with client side Java...