velocity-user mailing list archives

From "David Lapointe" <dlapoi...@xtriahc.com>
Subject velocity servlet buffer
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:11:53 GMT
Hello,

Currently I'm working on a project in which all our servlet classes
ultimately extend VelocityServlet (developers extend a base servlet, which
includes simple methods to handle putting objects in the context, setting a
template, etc...).  Recently we've been asked to write a servlet which does
quite a bit of processing on the back end - could take 10-20 seconds - and,
not being an expert on Velocity, was wondering if there is a way to provide
the end-user with a status (or if someone has done something similar).
Basically, from what little understanding I have, it seems like velocity is
all or nothing, i.e. there is no way to periodically flush a buffer to the
template.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave