It would do the job. But the best solution would be not to need anything else to produce the correct output. Charles Anthony wrote: > Why not use a code-tidier to do exactly the same thing to generated code ? > e.g. > use Jalopy where you suggest to use JTidy... > > Cheers, > > Charles. > > >>-----Original Message----- >>From: Anakreon Mejdi [mailto:amejdi@ertonline.gr] >>Sent: 10 September 2002 12:52 >>To: Velocity Users List >>Subject: Re: Quick Question. >> >> >>I had a problem with ideating when I wrote a template to produce java >>source code. >>I didn't make any questions in the list because now I am writing an >>other program and decided to fix the problem later. >> >>To format HTML I would use JTidy or event better the combination of >>JTidy and org.dom4j.io.DOMReader + org.dom4j.io.HTMLWriter for grater >>control on the indentation of html. >> >>I believe that the indentation should be fixed for cases like source >>code production when idendation does matter. >> >>Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote: >> >> >>>On 9/6/02 12:39 PM, "Carsten Burstedde" wrote: >>> >>> >>> >>>>>Velocity has some quirks with whitespaces. Currently nicely >>>>> >>structured >> >>>>>templates produce ugly HTML souce, since whitespaces of indented >>>>>directives are emitted to the output (except around >>>>> >>#set(...) and #end >> >>>>>statements). >>>>> >>>>> >>>>That's true - my processed HTML pages have dozens of empty lines in >>>>front of the beginning . Why not omit all whitespace >>>> >>output on a >> >>>>line and the newline if it contains only a directive and no html? >>>> >>>> >>>What if you want whitespace? >>> >>> >>> >> >> >>-- >>To unsubscribe, e-mail: >>unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org> >>For >>additional commands, >>e-mail: >> > > > This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and are intended > solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient you must > not disclose, forward, copy or take any action in reliance on this message > or its attachments. If you have received this email in error please notify > the sender as soon as possible and delete it from your computer systems. > Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not > necessarily reflect those of HPD Software Limited or its affiliates. > > At present the integrity of email across the internet cannot be guaranteed > and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk. All liability > is excluded to the extent permitted by law for any claims arising as a re- > sult of the use of this medium to transmit information by or to > HPD Software Limited or its affiliates. > > > > -- > To unsubscribe, e-mail: > For additional commands, e-mail: > -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: For additional commands, e-mail: