velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: catching unbound methods?
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:55:43 GMT
Geir said:
> I just want to note that you can get Velocity to tell you when it
encounters
> things that appear to be references ($<foo>) but don't have any backing
> value.  There is a configuration parameter :
> runtime.log.invalid.references
>
> Set this to true and Velocity should log any non-quiet reference like
> thingies w/o backing data.

ah.  well, i learn something new everyday.  now what about Mark's question?
will this property log null returns from $foo.somenull ?  and would there be
a difference between $foo.bar  (where getBar(), get("bar"), or whatever
returns null)  and $foo.br  where no getBr(), get(String), or whatever can
be found in $foo?

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com