velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Attila Szegedi" <szege...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: Can't call methods that take interface!?
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:33:14 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Geir Magnusson Jr" <geirm@optonline.net>
To: <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: 2002. október 10. 22:58
Subject: Re: Can't call methods that take interface!?

> On 10/10/02 12:11 PM, "Rickard Öberg" <rickard@dreambean.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm suspecting the method matching algo. Are there any quirks in there
> > with regard to how interfaces are dealt with?
> >

> What version are you using?

Yeah, that's a crucial question since I completely redid that algorithm
altough I don't know from which version did Geir replace the old algo with
the new one. The new algorithm is - theoretically - equivalent to what the
JLS describes as the algorithm Java compilers should use to select from
overloaded methods based on argument types, so there are no
interface-related quirks.

If you're having problems with the new algorithm, then it's me who is to
blame (then I'll look into it...)

Attila.