velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Terry Steichen" <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Using #stop
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2002 22:31:57 GMT
Hi,

Has anyone regularly used the #stop directive?  (I'm wondering if there are any bad side-effects
to this that I've not come across yet.)

Regards,

Terry

PS: The idea I'm considering occurs when one template makes a conditional decision to let
another template handle a request.  This might be done by the first template incorporating
a #parse(), which in turn brings the second template into operation.  It might sometimes be
more convenient for the first template to simply issue a #stop when the #parse() finishes
its work via the second template (compared, for example, to wrapping all of its logic in a
huge #if - #else).