velocity-user mailing list archives

From RXZ JLo <rufoo2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Velocity Vs JavaScript
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 05:28:47 GMT
Thanks to all who replied in this thread. yeah
velocity's purpose is no doubt good, it is only that
the script engine design and implementation seemed to
be similar in Rhino and Velocity - both have the
concept of context, you put named objects(which rhino
calls scriptable) in the scope of the context. The
difference is in the syntax, velocity templates
require a different parser but in the back end may be
it can use Rhino to access the java Objects instead of
reinventing the wheel. I agree with somebody who said
the power of Velocity is its ability to limit things,
I think this gives good mileage over using JavaScript
directly.

Atually I have not looked at Velocity templates and
examples in detail, may be I should do that first.