velocity-user mailing list archives

From "John Wubbel" <John.Wub...@pediatricnetwork.com>
Subject Using SSL with Velocity Portlets
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 05:14:49 GMT
I request your comments on the following question. I have implemented a
Velocity Portlet in Jetspeed modeled after the Hello Velocity example with an
action. My portlet is a form designed to capture some information from the
user. The implementation works fine and the data is put into a database running
on the server. Now I find out from the customer that some of the data to be
submitted by the end-user is confidential. How can I configure this portlet to
be using SSL so the information is secure? My server runs Apache with port 443
active and Jetspeed is running via Tomcat. In the TurbineResources.properties
the use.ssl is set to true. If I set the action=https://... in the template and
submit it, will it not complete successfully because of the fact that the
originating session for the portlet was non-secure? I would like to have a
better understanding of how SSL can be used in Jetspeed and where. Thanks for
any help.

Sincerely,
John Wubbel