velocity-user mailing list archives

From Martin Jacobson <marti...@libero.it>
Subject Re: What's in the future for Velocity?
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:52:01 GMT
Paul Smith wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Personally I can't think of many (if any) thing that I would want improved
> in Velocity, but I'm just curious if the dev team (I assume it's not just
> Geir?!) has anything cool in the works (or even ideas) for Velocity the
> would like to share.  I know the goal  in Velocity is it's simplicity and by
> adding more into it you defeat that goal, but just wondering.
>
> Thanks again for a great product.

... and in the same vein, is there a 'wish list' that we can contribute to?
For instance, it would make my life easier if #macros could accept
variable numbers of arguments a la JavaScript, or, at least, interpret
missing arguments as null strings rather than throwing parse errors.

But, I have to agree with Paul that Velocity's minimalist design is a
major strength of the product, and I wouldn't want that to change!

Martin