velocity-user mailing list archives

From Iain Young <Iain.Yo...@microfocus.com>
Subject VelocityViewServlet and velocity.properties
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 14:31:52 GMT
Hi folks, I'm hoping someone out there can help this velocity newbee...

I'm trying to use the VelocityViewServlet (in conjunction with struts) in my
webapp, but am having a few problems in the configuration. I want to place
the template vm files under a templates subdirectory, but despite changing
the setting in the velocity.properties file, I always seem to get a
"resource not found" error.

Strangely, if I create a "dummy" servlet with just a loadConfiguration
method in it, and set this to load at startup, then VelocityViewServlet can
find the files. Because of this, I'm guessing that there is probably
something wrong with the VelocityViewServlet init routines, and running this
dummy servlet beforehand is correctly loading the config.

Anyone got any ideas as to what might be going wrong?

Thanks,
Iain Young