velocity-user mailing list archives

From Iain Young <Iain.Yo...@microfocus.com>
Subject RE: VelocityViewServlet and velocity.properties
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 08:25:07 GMT
Hi Gabe,

>all templates are read relative to the root of the web app. There is
>currently no way to configure the resource loader differently in
>velocity.properties. That is maybe something we should add??

I think that would be a very useful addition as it's very messy having all
of the vm files in the webapp root (the only place where the current vvs
will pick them up from), especially as the project I'm working on is likely
to have a great number of template files. I guess that alternative paths
could be specified in velocity.properties in the same way as the other
resource loaders (i.e similar settings to the file loader), and the vvs
could read them from there?

Iain