velocity-user mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <Paul.Sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject RE: What's in the future for Velocity?
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:59:17 GMT
Actually I've just thought of the one thing that does bug me, and I know has
bugged others (wasn't paying attention to the previous threads but I
remember there being a large # of posts about it) and that is:

White space gobbling (or lack there of).

We need something like what VB has when breaking a string over multiple
lines ( &_ ).  Something that says to velocity "now, I _know_ there is a
CR/LF following this, but just ignore it ok!"

cheers,

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Jacobson [mailto:martin_j@libero.it]
Sent: Thursday, 10 October 2002 5:52 PM
To: Velocity Users List
Subject: Re: What's in the future for Velocity?

Paul Smith wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Personally I can't think of many (if any) thing that I would want improved
> in Velocity, but I'm just curious if the dev team (I assume it's not just
> Geir?!) has anything cool in the works (or even ideas) for Velocity the
> would like to share.  I know the goal  in Velocity is it's simplicity and
by
> adding more into it you defeat that goal, but just wondering.
>
> Thanks again for a great product.

... and in the same vein, is there a 'wish list' that we can contribute to?
For instance, it would make my life easier if #macros could accept
variable numbers of arguments a la JavaScript, or, at least, interpret
missing arguments as null strings rather than throwing parse errors.

But, I have to agree with Paul that Velocity's minimalist design is a
major strength of the product, and I wouldn't want that to change!

Martin