velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: SampleServlet Error.
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 13:24:19 GMT
On 10/1/02 5:49 AM, "Kwok Peng Tuck" <pengtuck@makmal.com> wrote:

> I was of the understanding that the dep jar was for compatibility
> purposes & shouldn't be used.
> I tried the dep jar and it worked. So which should I use for development  ?

Whatever makes you happy.  I just use the dep jar, as I don't use the
dependencies, namely Oro, Logkit or commons-collections separately.  Thus I
can use the dep jar.

geir

> p.s. Thanks for the dep tip :) .
>
> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>> On 9/30/02 10:40 PM, "Kwok Peng Tuck" <pengtuck@makmal.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I've tried to get the sample servlet with velocity working, but I'm
>>> running into a problem.
>>> Does anyone know what :
>>>
>>> javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot allocate servlet instance for path
>>> /VelocityExamples/servlet/SampleServlet
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.serveRequest(InvokerServlet.java
>>> :4
>>> 19)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.doGet(InvokerServlet.java:180)
>>> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
>>>
>>> this error is about ?
>>>
>>> I have followed instructions to the the best of my knowledge but the sample
>>> app still doesn't work.
>>> Suggestions would be great.
>>>

>> Which Velocity jar are you using?  The -dep jar contains all of the
>> dependencies required by Velocity, whereas the non -dep jar doesn't.
>>
>> geir

> For additional commands, e-mail:

Geir Magnusson Jr.
geirm@adeptra.com                                    +1-203-355-2219 (w)
Adeptra Inc.                                         +1-203-247-1713 (m)