velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirmagnusso...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Velocity Vs JavaScript
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 06:48:56 GMT
On 10/8/02 4:30 AM, "RXZ JLo" <rufoo2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From my first look at Velocity, it seems to follow
> EcmaScript style - you predefine objects, with the
> properties accessible via get/set methods.

It's more than that - you 'predefine' by placing your objects in the
context.  But you can access more than properties - you are able to call any
public method on the object or interface implemented by the object.  This is
what makes Velocity extensible, in that you can make the tools available to
the designer as rich as you want, and it's always in your control.

Geir

> Why not just use JavaScript instead?
>
> thanks,
> rf

> For additional commands, e-mail:

Geir Magnusson Jr.
geirm@adeptra.com                                    +1-203-355-2219 (w)
Adeptra Inc.                                         +1-203-247-1713 (m)