velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirmagnusso...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Can't call methods that take interface!?
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:40:42 GMT
On 10/11/02 5:49 AM, "Rickard Öberg" <rickard@dreambean.com> wrote:

> Attila Szegedi wrote:
>> 1.4-dev uses my reworked algorithm for matching method signatures. Anything
>> prior to that uses the old method lookup machinery that admittedly can choke
>> on methods that take interfaces. I'd say, upgrade if you can...
>
> Hm.. this is for production stuff, so I want to avoid betas if
> possible... would it be possible to change the method to take Object?
> Would that work? For now that seems like a better way to do it.
>
> /Rickard

The 1.3 version has been in rc2 for months now - there was a tweak to rc1
which was in rc1 for months :)

See if 1.3 fixes it - there were problems in 1.2 that 1.3 solved.  Attila's
work in 1.4 certainly made the whole thing better - I don't remember what it
actually fixed, but I am sure it was something.

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
geirm@adeptra.com                                    +1-203-355-2219 (w)