velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: catching unbound methods?
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2002 21:00:24 GMT
On 10/13/02 4:55 PM, "Nathan Bubna" <nathan@esha.com> wrote:

> Geir said:
>> I just want to note that you can get Velocity to tell you when it
> encounters
>> things that appear to be references ($<foo>) but don't have any backing
>> value.  There is a configuration parameter :
>> runtime.log.invalid.references
>>
>> Set this to true and Velocity should log any non-quiet reference like
>> thingies w/o backing data.
>
> ah.  well, i learn something new everyday.  now what about Mark's question?
> will this property log null returns from $foo.somenull ?  and would there be
> a difference between $foo.bar  (where getBar(), get("bar"), or whatever
> returns null)  and $foo.br  where no getBr(), get(String), or whatever can
> be found in $foo?

I am not 100% sure at this moment, but will try.

There should be no difference in how the reference is resolved - i.e. It
doesn't matter if the uberspector tries getBar(), get("bar") or GetBar()

I'll go figure it out :)

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
geirm@adeptra.com                                    +1-203-355-2219 (w)