velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jason Weinstein <JWeinst...@SeeBeyond.com>
Subject Is there a way to install an exception listener?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:31:42 GMT

Is there a way to install an exception listener on the parsing of files.

I am using velocity to generate java and jsp code. Each template does some
work and calls on other templates to do the rest.

Occasionally, a macro will fail do to an untested branch in the code

and it becomes very difficult to find the error as it is usually a ways down
the line before the jsp generated code is compiled.

I would like to be able to tell if a macro/or template bombs do to bad input
during parsing so that I can check the templates at design time and not at
deploy time.

Any ideas appreciated.