velocity-user mailing list archives

From Curt Larock <clar...@intelidata.com>
Subject RE: Configuring runtime.log for production use
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 17:48:54 GMT
You can turn off the log entirely by changing the logsystem
in your Velocity configuration like this:

runtime.log.logsystem.class = org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.NullLogSystem

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua.Levy@reasoning.com [mailto:Joshua.Levy@reasoning.com]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 1:30 PM
To: velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Configuring runtime.log for production use

I have some questions about the Velocity's runtime log file.

The first is simple, is there a way to turn it off?  Something like
this:
setProperty("runtime.log", null);
setProperty("runtime.log", "");

If not, can I minimize the amount of stuff written to the log?
I'm switching from a testing type environment to a production
type environment.  Velocity will be used by a TTY application,
so errors will be obvious to the user immeadiately.  On the
other hand, I'm worried about the log file growing and growing
off in a corner somewhere (or leaving little 'velocity.log' turds
all over the file system).  I looked at the on line docs, but
didn't see the answer to this exact question.

Joshua