velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Baynes" <kbay...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: Velocity Vs JavaScript
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 13:18:44 GMT
Bill wrote:

> However, it could make sense to use JavaScript with Velocity.  Instead of
> coding objects in Java, they could be coded in JavaScript and exposed to
> Velocity as Java objects.  Some of the web frameworks support
> this such as
> WebWork and one other that escapes my mind.  I also recall
> someone on this
> list who wrote their own framework that used JavaScript to expose objects
> in Velocity templates.

The JPublish web framework uses BSF and comes with Python and BeanShell -
you can add JavaScript, etc.

Having Java, a Script language and Velocity in a web framework is a great
combination. You get powerful development with Java, fast development with
Script (to quickly glue Java objects together and prepare them for
Velocity), and easy to use VTL in the templates.

~k