velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Baynes" <kbay...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: Velocity Vs JavaScript
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 14:07:36 GMT
rf~

VTL is intentionally programmer crippled. It has the barest minimum of
functions, statements, methods and operators needed perform its job. This
makes it easy for designers to learn and use, and discourages placing any
programming logic into the templates. This concept is at the heart of Model
2 design and is the reason Template Engines exist.

JavaScript is a programming language. Using a programming language in
Velocity templates would defeat its mission of enforcing the
Model-View-Controller architecture.

~k