velocity-user mailing list archives

From Barbara Baughman <baugh...@utdallas.edu>
Subject RE: Configuring runtime.log for production use
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 18:11:25 GMT
May I suggest using Log4j for the velocity log?  Velocity uses a rolling
file log type in log4j, so it will write to a log file until it reaches
a certain size, then create a new file.  When the new file gets to a
certain size, it overwrites the backup with the current file and creates
another new file.  That way you can limit the amount of space used by the
Velocity log, but still have the most recent messages for debugging.

See the Developer's Guide for information about setting up log4j as the
velocity logging system.  These are the lines in velocity.properties that
I use to keep the file size to 10K and keep one backup file.

runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.file.size=10000
runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.file.backups=1

Barbara Baughman
X2157