velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Colson" <tcol...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: discarding method return values
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 14:23:53 GMT
Andy -

It's a workaround, which of course means 'more work' for the developer,
but sometimes I've personally used wrapper classes around even hashes so
that I can specifically make a subset of methods available. Yeah, I'm
paranoid. <grin>

> I often want to discard the return values of methods.

Perhaps this workaround of creating a wrapper with a custom method
signature like:
public void add(Object obj), which delegates to 'boolean add()' and
disposes of the unwanted return would help clean up the template, and at
the same time keep Velocity dirt simple? :-)

Cheers,
Tim