velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Default to quiet references
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2002 23:00:23 GMT
I'm sorry if this is documented somewhere, but I spent a while reading over
the docs and mailing list archives and couldn't find this.

Normally if $foo appears in a template and foo doesn't exist, then it gets
printed as $foo.  Alternatively you could have your template use $!foo, so
it will display remove the reference.  For the system we're using, users
will pretty much never want $foo to be displayed, and the number of possible
null values is relatively high.  What I'd like to do is have a configuration
setting have $foo act like $!foo, so $foo never gets printed in the output.

Are other people interested in this and/or give me any pointers as to where
in the code I should look to make this kind of change?

Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com