velocity-user mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: Velocity macros for recursive display of tree?
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 05:59:21 GMT

On Saturday, November 23, 2002, at 07:30 PM, aaron wrote:

> > [ several suggestions about displaying trees ]
>
> Yes, I did go ahead and implement a recursive macro that is fed an
> implementation of javax.swing.tree.TreeNode and am excited this works
> as nicely as it does.  I had previously attempted to do something like
> this with iterate tags, and finally ended up writing my own TreeTag
> custom JSP tag to render a tree, but that amounted to hundreds of
> lines of code, while my velocity macro is, so far, a concise 24 lines
> (logic AND presentation).  I'm impressed.

I just got a minor flame in struts-land for talking about VMs, as it
was deemed a 'religious issue'.  (Do they still have java code that
generates HTML in struts?)

Glad it works. :)

--
Geir Magnusson Jr                                   203-355-2219(w)
Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-247-1713(m)