velocity-user mailing list archives

From "technosf@speakeasy.net" <techn...@speakeasy.net>
Subject Velocity and Piped IO
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 04:43:44 GMT
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has experiance using template output as input to another process/stream?

I am trying to use pipedIO, used pretty much as described in the Sun tutorials:

            PipedWriter pipeOut = null;
        	PipedReader pipeIn = null;

	pipeOut = new PipedWriter();
            pipeIn = new PipedReader(pipeOut);

            PrintWriter out = new PrintWriter(pipeOut);

My procedure recycles a VelocityWriter on  'out', [trys to] merge the template, returning
'pipeIn'. In testing everything works fine if I recycle the VelocityWriter on StringWriter,
but chokes on the PrintWriter, or anything else, instatiated on the PipedWriter. Death occurs
at the merge.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

Martin