velocity-user mailing list archives

From Søren Neigaard <neiga...@e-box.dk>
Subject Re[2]: Newbie - Keep getting ResourceNotFoundException
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:16:02 GMT
Well I have searched the archives, and found a lot, but nothing that
helped me :( I want total controll over my servlet, so I rather not
use the VelocityServlet. I don't understand why my Servlet has
problems finding the template, since I give it the correct path to it,
I even tried to give it the HTTP path like this
"/myproject/mytemplate.yaf" (and if I requested this path manually
with my browser, I would get the template file). Could you maybe
explain to me what can possible be wrong, do I need to initialize
something, or what is it?

/Søren

Tuesday, November 26, 2002, 8:54:54 PM, Jeff wrote:

JD> You servlet is having a problem finding the template. If you search the archives you
find a bunch of articles that explain how to fix this.
JD> Instead I think it is easier to get started with Velocity in Servlets by using VelocityServlet
and extending it. This does most of the initalization stuff.