velocity-user mailing list archives

From Gabriel Sidler <sid...@teamup.com>
Subject Re: Performance tuning/improvements
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:55:43 GMT
Since we are talking about performance...

I noticed that the JSP Servlet of Resin pumps out simple
templates about 2 to 3 times as fast as the Velocity
servlet under the same circumstances.

By 'simple template' I mean a template that is mostly static.
If the template is very dynamic, the performance advantage
of Resin/JSP is smaller.

They must be doing something very smart about moving the
bytes around. Does anyone have an idea how they can achieve
this huge performance advantage with static templates?

Gabe

--
Gabriel Sidler
Software Engineer, Eivycom GmbH, Zurich, Switzerland